Research Assistant, Amphibian and Reptile Projects - Apply by 4/1
Delaware Division of Fish and Wildlife -- Smyrna, Delaware
Seasonal -- May – October 2016 (37.5 hours/week) -- Responsibilities will include surveys for bog turtle habitat and bog turtles, conducting radio telemetry with bog turtles, collecting data for other amphibian and reptile projects, including site surveys and environmental reviews. Job will also require assisting with other projects including assisting with recruiting and managing volunteers for bat projects, ordering, maintaining and decontaminating gear, assisting with live catches of bats, conducting acoustic surveys and analyzing the calls, preparing outreach materials, resolving bat/wildlife conflicts and managing data. Activities, such as data entry (GIS, Excel and Assess), landowner contact and filing will be required. Must be able and willing to work night time and weekend hours in difficult field conditions (biting insects, hot and cold conditions, long hours). Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
SALARY: $10.00-$12.00 per hour (housing not provided).
- Some college work in wildlife biology/management or closely related field required.
- Prior field experience preferred.
- GIS experience preferred.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet and GIS applications.
- Ability to work independently; organized and efficient work habits; good time management skills.
- Valid driver’s license.