Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
For soon-to-be grads!
The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- The incumbent provides technical assistance and conducts wildlife damage management activities in an integrated pest management (IPM) approach to prevent or reduce economic loss to property and agriculture or to protect human health and safety.
- Incumbent monitors wildlife behavior and abundance on airports and surrounding properties and may collect data for formal Wildlife Hazard Assessments at the airport and surrounding environment.
- Incumbent will be required to be familiar with and to use various devices, tools, firearms, toxicants, and related equipment used in wildlife damage management.
- Incumbent will be expected to be able to identify damage from wildlife species as it pertains to airports, and the incumbent will be expected to assist in the implementation of appropriate corrective action, if warranted.
- The incumbent complies with federal, state, and local regulations and assists airports with compliance with the Migratory Bird Treaty Act (MBTA), Endangered Species Act, Federal Air Regulations, and Department of Defense Regulations. The incumbent assists airports and other customers with obtaining migratory bird depredation permits.
- Incumbent will keep accurate written records of their activities for the cooperator and Wildlife Services program using prescribed formats and procedures. Incumbent prepares and submits routine and special reports regarding daily, weekly, or monthly activities, observations, and events.
- The incumbent participates in required training sessions, on-the-job developmental activities and temporary details.
- Incumbent presents program information and conducts training for various groups, including airport organizations, educational institutions, industry groups, and state extension programs.
- Must demonstrate a respect for safety in all operations, including the operation of motor vehicles, firearms, control devices, and equipment.
- The incumbent completes other duties as assigned.
To view the application form, visit: https://aphis.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=76317618-4EED-4FF8-A3B2-A72F0086B506
Or search via www.usajobs.gov