The Environmental Finance Center (EFC) at UMD
Who We Are
The Environmental Finance Center (EFC) at the University of Maryland is one of ten University-based centers across the country providing communities with the tools and information necessary to manage change for a healthy environment and an enhanced quality of life. The EFC believes that environmental finance can be used to develop a shared community vision. Our focus is protecting natural resources and watersheds by strengthening the capacity of local decision-makers to analyze environmental problems, develop innovative and effective methods of financing environmental efforts and educate communities about the role of finance and economic development in the protection of the environment.
What We Are Looking For
The EFC is seeking to hire a student project assistant to support the Municipal Online Stormwater Training (MOST) Center. The student project assistant should have the following:
- availability to work up to 20 hours weekly
- ability to work independently
- strong organizational skills
- strong communication skills
- strong research skills
- experience with social media, including Twitter and Facebook
- experience with or desire to learn animation software
- educational background or interest in environmental issues such as stormwater management and resiliency
What to Expect
Students will work collaboratively with faculty and other students, but are generally expected to be able to work independently and be self-motivated. Students will be compensated on an hourly basis (10-20 Hours/Week) at a rate of $10-$18/hour depending on experience and academic status.
How to Apply
Interested students should provide their resume to Toni Ames at email@example.com. Deadline to apply is May 26, 2017.