Geographical Sciences Career Fair
Friday, April 1
Public, private, and non-profit employers attend to seek out potential interns and employees. Employers and organizations that have attended this Career Fair in the past include:
- NOAA-Office of Coastal Survey
- BSOS Global Scholars
- UMD Federal Semester Program
- Geographic Services, Inc.
- UMD Facilities Management
- UMD's Masters of Professional Studies in GIS Program
- Association of American Geographers
- Census Bureau
- Clean Water Action
- NASA DEVELOP
- US Army - Topographic Engineer Center
- HACU National Internship Program
List of employers currently registered - Check back as we get closer, as employers may be added at any time.
Tips for Students
- Dress to impress! Wear business casual or business attire.
- Bring a few copies of your updated resume! Sign up for the University Career Center's Resume Clinic Workshop for advice.
- Do your research! Gain background insight on the agencies, corporations and organizations to which you will apply.
- Be prepared with an elevator pitch! An elevator pitch is a short (~30 seconds) introduction of yourself, your skills, and why you are interested in a particular agency/company. Be prepared with a question to ask the employer.