Hyattsville Community Development Corporation
Several, varied internships
The Hyattsville Community Development Corporation (CDC) is a local non-profit community-serving organization dedicated to the revitalization and sustainable development of Hyattsville, the Gateway Arts District, and neighboring Inner-Beltway communities. Founded in the Fall of 2000, our mission is to develop arts, entertainment and public spaces; spur economic development and the quality of community life; encourage widespread leadership for community revitalization; and to rebuild the city’s commercial corridors.
We are currently looking for energetic, dynamic students. Interns will work closely with our staff to learn the ins and outs of a community development organization and serving a unique community. Potential candidates must be self-starters with strong communication skills, eagerness to learn, and comfortable working in a small team (4 staffers) office environment. This is an unpaid, part- time internship with a flexible work schedule. Current students can receive class credit. May –August 2016, for 10-12 hours/week.
- We currently have internships open for students interested in: Economic and Community Development (Research, Project Management, Community Outreach), Public Art, or Communications.
- The internship positions are flexible with room for change, so if you possess skills in multiple areas we can adapt a position to fulfill your learning needs.
- Project placement will be based on personal interests and skillset, as well as the current priorities of the organization.
- Knowledge of community planning, public policy, community development, public art, real estate development
- Facility with basic web development tools including WordPress.
- Experience accessing and manipulating databases
- Understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator)
- Knowledge of GIS software
- We are also seeking bilingual candidates (Spanish/English) to assist in specific assignments related to our growing Spanish-speaking community.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a resume and cover letter by email to: Kayleigh Gunnoud, Program Officer, HCDC, at: email@example.com