PAID - Development and Communications Intern - open until filled
Casey Trees, Washington, DC
Job Summary: The mission of Casey Trees (CT) is to restore, enhance and protect the tree canopy of the Nation's Capital. Casey Trees is seeking a Development and Communications Intern to help establish and grow our development department and assist our communications team with community outreach. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, thoughtful, shows meticulous attention to detail and is highly enthusiastic and collaborative.
- Assist in drafting correspondence between development department and donors including, but not limited to, donation processing and gift acknowledgment
- Assist in managing and updating Constituent Relationship Management system (i.e. updating contacts, generating reports, monitoring active campaigns)
- Help develop and define strategies for multi-platform giving campaigns
- Identify and research potential funding sources (foundations, corporations, individuals, public sources)
- Provide editorial support for constituent outreach tools including e-newsletter, blog entries, social media etc
- Assist in drafting media releases and other outreach materials
- Draft donor/prospect profile
- Explore grant opportunities and assist with preparation of grant proposals
- Regularly monitor donor/prospect websites to stay current on their happenings and identify potential partnership opportunities
- Collect annual reports from local and national organizations for research/prospecting purposes
- Assist in organizing and staff community/development events
- Provide general administrative support
- Demonstrated interest in Casey Trees' mission
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree or a recent graduate.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) skills; Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) skills a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Salesforce or comparable database administration preferred
- Thoughtful, organized and extremely productive with great attention to detail and to presentation
- Excellent researcher capable of working independently as well as collaboratively
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude and strong work ethic; good sense of humor appreciated
- Prior experience in the non-profit sector highly desirable.
- Creative vision
Position duration and Compensation: Work schedule is 20 hours per week minimum commitment. Interns are assigned a fixed regular schedule based on their available hours. Flexible scheduling is available but must be able to work shifts of 4-hours or more.
Pay is $12 per hour.
The internship will begin: mid/late May and extend through the end of August/ September. Extension of employment into school year is a possibility.
How to apply: Please email the following items to email@example.com: Letter of interest, Resume, Two writing samples, Availability including start date, Contact information for three references. Enter "Development and Communications Intern" only into email subject line. Applications are accepted until the position is filled. No telephone or email inquiries please.