Two (2) Urban Farm Internships
Boone Street Farm, East Baltimore, MD
Boone Street Farm is a quarter acre vegetable farm and community garden in the East Baltimore Midway neighborhood. Our mission is to cultivate sustainable agriculture and promote healthy eating in our neighborhood and city. We are a member of the Farm Alliance of Baltimore City and produce for restaurants, Waverly Farmer’s market, neighborhood CSA and farm stand sales. We offer monthly workshops, volunteer days, and a garden club for Cecil Elementary School.
FARM INTERN -- This summer we are hiring a farm intern who can commit 10 - 12 hours per week from June – September. This is an unpaid internship and will include educational opportunities, produce as available, and the opportunity to be an integral part of a small, community-focused organization.
- Assist with all aspects of production including weeding, planting, harvesting, and processing
- Assist with CSA distribution, restaurant deliveries, Farmer’s market preparation and Wednesday farm stand sales
- Assist with community outreach and farm communications
- Able to work two days a week preferably on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday or Saturday
- Some weekend and night work may be necessary
- Some farming experience is a plus but not necessary
- Strong interest in sustainable agriculture and urban farming
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to lift 40 lbs and work in all weather conditions
FARMERS MARKET / MARKETING INTERN -- This summer we are hiring a farmer’s market/marketing intern who can commit 10-12 hours per week from late May – September. This is an unpaid internship but will include educational opportunities, produce as available, and the opportunity to be an integral part of a small, community-focused organization.
- Promote upcoming events via social media, promotional materials and other creative, grassroots means
- Assist with the sale of produce from 4-6pm at our weekly Wednesday Farm Stand
- Manage our farmer’s market stand at the weekly Thursday Pigtown Farmer’s Market
- Assist with general farm duties as needed
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to balance multiple tasks, work independently and take initiative
- Strong interest in sustainable agriculture, urban farming and promoting our mission
- Able to work well with diverse populations
- Availability on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons
- Must have reliable transportation for traveling to and from market
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted on a rolling basis with an ideal start date of May 30, 2016.