Internships must be approved IN ADVANCE.
To earn credit for your internship - apply by 6/15
Please follow these steps:
- Download and read the Internship Proposal and Checklists for Success.
- Complete/type the cover sheet ==> the three signature lines should appear at the bottom of page 1.
- Answer the remaining questions on separate pages.
- E-mail (or hand-carry, if you are on campus) everything to your faculty advisor and site supervisor. Use “INTERNSHIP PROPOSAL – (Your Name)” in your Subject Heading and copy Dr. W. on all messages.
- Ask your faculty advisor and site supervisor to e-mail Dr. W. with the statement: "I have have read (your name's) internship proposal; and I agree to supervise (your name) and complete an internship evaluation."
- Dr. W. will collate everything for final review by Dr. Sullivan.
- Once final approval is given, Dr. W. will register you for ENSP386 and send e-mail confirmation.
Please contact Dr. W. in advance if you foresee a late proposal, e.g., your on-site supervisor is away so can't review and approve your proposal; you got an "auto-reply" from your faculty advisor indicating s/he is off-campus and away from e-mail.
Proposals submitted later than two weeks into the start of the internship will be approved on a case-by-case basis only and approval is not guaranteed. Please include a carefully-prepared explanation of your situation together with your proposal.
And don’t feel badly about e-mailing Dr. W. to “check up” on your supervisor or faculty advisor, to be sure s/he sent your approval, as promised!