Skip to main content

Greetings and Introductions!

Dear friends of ENSP,


I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself now that I’ve officially started my new role in ENSP! 

As many of you may already know, I’ve worked in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources for the past 5 years and have had the honor of working with Dr. Wendy Whittemore during that time.  I am fortunate that Wendy has been in and out of Symons Hall over the past few weeks and training me as I transition to my new position!

A bit about me:  I grew up outside Pittsburgh, PA and came to College Park in 2008 when I began my graduate program in what is currently the Higher Education, Student Affairs, and International Education (HESI) program at the University of Maryland.  I love working for the University and am proud to call myself a Terp! 

I appreciate the environment, support sustainable practices and love being outdoors – most weekends you can find me hiking somewhere nearby – just last weekend I conquered Old Rag in Shenandoah National Park!  You can read more about me on the ENSP faculty and staff page: http://ensp.umd.edu/about/program-staff-and-faculty

I also wanted to share with you some new initiatives I’ve started working on in ENSP:

Online Appointment Scheduler:  No need email me for an appointment time – simply sign up for a time that works with your schedule!  When you sign up, it automatically sends me a notification and populates right into my calendar: https://enspadvising.youcanbook.me/  (if you email me, that’s OK too!)  This link is also posted on the ENSP website.

“Remind”: This program allows students (and any interested faculty/staff) to receive text message notifications from me.   For example, during the school year I may send you a reminder about the last day to drop with a “W” or want to notify you about an interesting workshop or seminar that may be happening on campus later that night.  We know that you may not always check your email frequently, but that you do check your texts J 

If you would like to receive text message notifications, you can sign up by either:
·         going to remind.com/join/enspumd, or
·         texting @enspumd to 81010

Social Media:  We now have Instagram!  Follow the Program: @ensp_umd

I’m excited to join the ENSP family and cannot wait to work with you all.  Enjoy the rest of the summer and feel free to stop by 0216 Symons to say hello if you’re in the area!

Cheers,

Angela