Climate Reality Project
The Climate Reality project is seeking a dynamic and motivated intern to join our Campaigns team this fall, working on some of our most critical and exciting campaigns including I AM PRO SNOW Global Coalition and the Climate Action Campaign.
From veteran Olympians to ski resort owners; from government officials to mountaineers, the I AM PRO SNOW community is working with winter sports and mountain communities on the 100% Committed Campaign to help transition businesses, resorts and towns to 100-percent renewable electricity. By moving away from fossil fuels and onto clean, renewable electricity we can look forward to fresh powder, and enough vital resources for our communities for many years to come. This international campaign will give our intern the opportunity to do coalition outreach and development, organizing data, event planning, and much more.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Researching and tracking Climate Reality Campaign related news;
- Creating campaign updates for distribution throughout the organization;
- Assisting with campaign tactics such as volunteer recruitment, coalition building, VIP recruitment, media engagement, grassroots lobbying.
- Ensure synergy between Climate Reality Project programs and campaigns
- Attend events on behalf of Climate Reality Project to raise awareness, recruit volunteers, and generate grassroots product
- Collaborate with Campaigns staff to create new campaign goals, strategies, and tactics
- Assisting with production of online and offline content for campaigns
- Create and manage systems for tracking campaign progress
- Demonstrated commitment to solving climate change
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem solving and experience working on a team.
- Excellent personal effectiveness, grit, and work ethic
- Experience with Excel.
- Experience managing organizations, campaigns, or teams.
- Experience in volunteer outreach and training
- Prior work in nonprofit advocacy, the climate movement, and/or political campaigns.
This position requires a minimum of 20 hours per week
To Apply: Send a resume, cover letter, and dates of availability to Talya Tavor at email@example.com Please use this subject line: Organizing Intern Application. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.