Program and Fundraising Intern
EcoAgriculture Partners is an international non-profit organization that works to facilitate sustainable food production, rural livelihoods, and environmental conservation globally (www.ecoagriculture.org). The organization does so by developing and promoting integrative approaches to rural landscape management, by engaging in regional and global policy processes, and by supporting the work of our diverse grassroots and international partners.
EcoAgriculture seeks to hire a program and fundraising intern to join our committed team in our Washington, D.C. headquarters as soon as possible to support our program staff as well as our fundraising team to mobilize financial resources. The intern will contribute to a range of activities, including:
- Research and writing of reports and guidance materials on integrated landscape management;
- Providing project support as needed
- Supporting fund-raising activities;
- Contributing to the organizational blog;
- Undertaking other organizational tasks as needed.
- Two years in a Bachelor of Science or Arts degree in a field of study related to agriculture, food systems, ecosystems or environment or sustainable development; graduate degree preferred.
- Experience relevant to working in an international organization;
- Excellent English writing and editing skills;
- Highly organized, with attention to detail;
- Experience and competence working in diverse teams;
- Proactive, flexible and creative;
- Excellent communicator;
- Experienced with computer programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and others.
- Foreign language proficiency, especially in Spanish, Portuguese or French.
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the United States.
To apply: Please send your curriculum vitae; a cover letter describing your background, experience, and interest in this position; a writing sample (maximum of five pages); and names and contact information for two references in an e-mail message with subject line "Intern - [your name]" to Michelle Sims, email@example.com. Review of applications will begin on September 5 and continue until the position is filled.