Maryland Department of Agriculture
On Friday, October 21, 2016 the University Career Center and the President's Promise will be hosting a career shuttle to the Maryland Department of Agriculture (MDA). The shuttle will be from 9am -2pm. Interested students must RSVP by October 14th at 9am to attend. Visit http://careers.umd.edu/event/career-shuttle-maryland-department-agriculture to RSVP (you will need to log into Careers4Terps with your UID and password).
What's a Career Shuttle?
Career Shuttles are group site visits to employers in the greater Washington DC area. A chartered UMD bus takes students to companies, non-profit organizations, government agencies, studios, and other places of employment typically not represented in on-campus career fairs. Visits include site tours, conversations with alumni working in the organization, and in-depth information about internship or entry-level hiring.
Why should I attend a Career Shuttle?
Career Shuttles are great for students of all academic levels who are still exploring their career options, and for students who are interested in learning about a specific industry or company. It allow students to get inside knowledge about the day-to-day tasks within a company, learn about their hiring practices, and allows students to network with employers.
What will we do at MDA?
- Secretary Joe Bartenfelder
- Deputy Secretary James P. Eichhorst
- Momoh A. Conteh, HR Director
- Steven Connelly, Assistant Secretary for the Office of Marketing, Animal Industries & Consumer Services (MAICS) and UMD Alumnus
- Dr. Michael Radebaugh, Chief of Animal Health and State Veterinarian
- Elizabeth Koncki - Administrator with Weights & Measures
- Matthew Malinowski - Chemist with the Chemist Lab
- Dawn Croxton, Human Resources Officer
3. Tour of MDA Facilities
For questions about the career shuttle or more information, contact Christina Farmer email@example.com. Deadline to RSVP is Friday, October 14 at 9:00am.