Reporting to the Communications Manager, the intern will support communications activities for EcoAgriculture Partners and the Landscapes for People, Food and Nature Initiative over a negotiable period that can begin immediately. The position is unpaid and interns are expected to work between 20 and 40 hours per week at EcoAgriculture Partners' headquarters in Washington, DC. A stipend of approximately $400/month (depending on time commitment per week) is available.
The communications intern will gain an understanding of international development and integrated landscape management by synthesizing and supporting the work we do in research, finance, policy, markets, and leadership development. They are also invited to develop and pursue a mutually agreed upon communications project of their own design.
- Contribute to the posting of materials, reports, photos and video, and writing of content on the EcoAgriculture Partners and Landscapes for People, Food and Nature websites;
- Author social media content for the EcoAgriculture Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Linkedin pages
- Contribute to the writing and preparation of the newsletter;
- Support writing and preparation of flyers, fact sheets, articles, and brochures;
- Edit, source content, and occasionally write entries for the Landscapes Blog;
- Various outreach and administrative tasks as assigned.
- College junior/senior, grad student, or recent graduate studying communications, journalism, international affairs, environmental studies, economics, political science or a related subject
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, the Google apps ecosystem, and Wordpress
- Strong multi-tasker able to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Please email resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to Michelle Sims at firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Communications Intern" in the subject line.
- Application deadline -- November 25