Urban Resources Initiative
URI Internships with the Baltimore City Department of Recreation and Parks and the Parks & People Foundation
PROJECTS WITH THE BALTIMORE CITY DEPARTMENT OF RECREATION AND PARKS
- Research and Discussion of Public Private Management Models for Patterson Park
- Park or Recreation Center User Survey
- Outdoor Activity Program Assistant
- Greater Baltimore Children and Nature Intern
- Carrie Murray Nature Center Internships
- Park Events Programming Intern
- Volunteer Advisory Council Coordinator (Marketing Intern, Graphic Design Intern, Ball Field Preparation Intern)
PROJECTS WITH THE PARKS AND PEOPLE FOUNDATON
- Defining and Measuring Environmental Literacy
- Measuring and Tracking BRANCHES Participants
- Creative Ways to Assess Summer Learning
Skill Set Required: see the web site listing for specific skills, background, and interests for each of the internships.
Preferred Areas of Study/Major(s): Environmental Science/Studies and other liberal arts majors
Internship Location: Baltimore, MD
Semester: Spring (Feb - May)
Hours per week: 10-20 hours
Application Deadline: Extended to December 20, 2016, or when positions filled
Required Documentation: Resume, Cover Letter, Other - Faculty contact for reference
To apply, go to: www.parksandpeople.org/learn/urban-resources-initiative
URI has provided internships for Baltimore-area students with the Baltimore City Department of Recreation and Parks and with the Parks & People Foundation for over 25 years.
Positions remain open until filled.