Maryland Sea Grant Research Experience for Undergraduates
Are you looking for a summer research internship studying ocean, coastal or environmental science? Check out the Maryland Sea Grant Summer REU program. They bring upper-level undergraduate students to the Chesapeake Bay to conduct individual research projects with a scientist-mentor at the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science. They select undergrads in many disciplines, including engineering, biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecology and marine and environmental science.
In particular, this program encourages students from colleges and universities where access to marine science and to research opportunities is limited and who are from groups traditionally underrepresented in science, technology, engineering and math. They believe bringing together students from many disciplines, backgrounds and parts of the country makes for a more interesting and educational summer experience.
They are accepting applications through February 15. Please visit their website to find out more (www.mdsg.umd.edu/reu).
- Program Flyer download http://bit.ly/MDSGREU17
- 12-week program: May 21 to August 13, 2017
- $6,000 stipend plus housing and travel support to and from host institution
- Funded by the National Science Foundation and thus limited to US citizens or permanent residents
- Applications due: February 15, 2017
- Application and guidance http://ww2.mdsg.umd.edu/reu/apply/index.php