Undergraduate Research - Chesapeake Bay
Are you looking for a summer research internship studying ocean, coastal or environmental science? I invite you to check out the Maryland Sea Grant Summer REU program. We bring upper-level undergraduate students to the Chesapeake Bay to conduct individual research projects with a scientist-mentor at the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science. We select undergrads in many disciplines, including engineering, biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecology and marine and environmental science.
In particular, we encourage students from colleges and universities where access to marine science and to research opportunities is limited and who are from groups traditionally underrepresented in science, technology, engineering and math. We believe bringing together students from many disciplines, backgrounds and parts of the country makes for a more interesting and educational summer experience.
We are accepting applications through February 15. Please visit our website to find out more (www.mdsg.umd.edu/reu) or drop me a note at email@example.com.
- Program Flyer download http://bit.ly/MDSGREU17
- 12-week program - May 21 - August 13, 2017
- $6,000 stipend plus housing and travel support to and from host institution
- Funded by the National Science Foundation and thus limited to US citizens or permanent residents
- Applications due February 15, 2017
- Application and guidance http://ww2.mdsg.umd.edu/reu/apply/index.php