University Career Center
Geographical Sciences Career & Internship Fair
March 31 from 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
LeFrak Hall, Room 1158
Organizations will be recruiting for full-time and internship positions in a variety of areas like GIS, research, engineering, and environmentally related fields. All majors and class levels are welcome. Suggested attire: Business Casual (see examples HERE).
Employers attending the fair include:
- American Association of Geographers (Intern)
- Back Creek Conservancy (ArcGIS Storymapper Paid Intern- 2 positions)
- Esri (seeking recent grads)
- Environmental Quality Resources, LLC (Layout Foreperson)
- MDA Information Systems LLC (Geospatial Programmers 3D, Geospatial Analysts, SIGINT Analysts Project)
- Motivf Corporation (Geospatial Analyst Intern Geospatial Technician Intern)
- PlanetRisk (GIS/Research Internship)
- U. S. Peace Corps (2-yr. Peace Corps Volunteer position)
- University of Maryland - Master of Professional Studies in GIS (MPS GIS)
- University of Maryland - National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism ( Research Intern)
- US Army - Modeling & Simulation Proponent & School (Computer Engineer, Computer Scientist, Electronics Engineer, General Engineer, Mathematician, Modeling & Simulation Analyst, Mechanical Engineer)
- Plus more!
- Learn how to put your best foot forward by reviewing THESE tips.
- Review these resume tips and bring several printed copies.
- Dress to impress! Visit the “PHOTO BOOTH” at the Fair from 11 -12:30 p.m. and receive a professional headshot to use on your LinkedIn profile.