Summer Climate Reality Leaderships Corps Internship – Apply by 4/28
The Climate Reality Project is a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore. Our mission is to empower a global cultural movement demanding immediate action on the climate crisis using cutting-edge advertising and communications strategies to demonstrate the urgency and solvability of the climate crisis.
The Climate Reality Project offers an unpaid internship program (20-40 hours/week) to qualified candidates in several areas of interest including communications, grassroots organizing and development. Every Climate Reality intern is assigned an intern mentor who is responsible for ensuring that the intern experience is educational and rewarding. The overall objective is for the intern to gain as much knowledge and experience as possible while working with the organization.
The Climate Reality Leadership Corps is one of the organization’s core programs that was initially launched in June of 2006 by Nobel Laureate and former Vice President Al Gore. The program has trained thousands of Climate Reality Leaders from over 135 countries and is looking for a sharp intern to assist for the summer.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Researching and tracking Climate Reality Leader related news;
- Assisting with large-scale international trainings including organizing recruitment, event logistics, applications review, follow-up, etc;
- Discover and propose new opportunities for engagement for Climate Reality Leaders within our campaigns;
- Conducting outreach to potential future Climate Reality Leaders;
- Assisting with production of materials for Climate Reality Leaders including social media posts, community organizing best practices, etc.;
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem solving and experience working on a team.
- Experience with Excel.
- Desired Qualifications
- Experience in volunteer education and outreach.
- Prior work in nonprofit advocacy, the climate movement, and/or political campaigns.