U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service and SCA
Career Discovery Internship Program
Since 2008, the US Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) has partnered with the Student Conservation Association (SCA) to provide summer internships for nearly 300 students from culturally and ethnically diverse backgrounds.
- Spend 12 weeks learning from the professionals during an internship at a national wildlife refuge
- Kick off your internship by attending a week-long orientation with other interns n Internships are located across the US; from Alaska to the Southwest, Midwest, Southeast, and Northeast
- Areas of focus include visitor services, biology, and refuge management
Total package of up to $5800.00 includes: • Housing • Weekly living allowance • Week-long orientation • Travel Allowance • Potential eligibility for AmeriCorps Education Award of $1527.45 • Assigned FWS mentor • Hands-on experience
Eligibility • US citizen or permanent resident • Full time, first and second year students during the 2016-2017 academic year • Available for 13 weeks beginning in mid-May • Must be able to pass a criminal background check • All majors and levels of outdoor experience welcome • A Valid US Driver’s license
Deadline • Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. • Application review will begin in February and will continue until all positions are filled.
Learn more and hear from previous participants at thesca.org/cdip
1. Complete an Internship/Corps Application online at https://www.thesca.org/serve/position/2017-career-discovery-internship-program/po-00703453
2. Add the promo code PO-00703453 to your application.
3. Contact our recruiters at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603.543.1700 x1499 with any questions.