Career Discovery Internship Program (CDIP)
Founded in 2008, the Career Discovery Internship Program (CDIP) was created in partnership with the US Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) to prepare the next generation of wildlife professionals by introducing college freshman and sophomores to conservation careers.
Interns attend a week-long orientation held in May and serve in summer internships tailored to various FWS career tracks. Summer internships are available in a variety of fields, including visitor services, education, resource management – and many more!
- Weekly Living Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Housing or Housing Allowance
- Assigned FWS mentor
- Hands-On Experience
- Week-long orientation in May
- Eligible for AmeriCorps Education Award
- Application fee waived upon request
The ideal candidate pool includes:
- Students who self-identify as being from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds
- US Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Current college freshmen and sophomores
- The ideal candidate is:
- Available for a 12-13 week summer internship beginning in May
- Open-minded and has an adventurous spirit
- Not necessarily experienced in conservation
- Eager to act as an ambassador for SCA and the FWS
- A licensed driver
- Able to provide references with an application
- Complete an Internship/Corps Application online at thesca.org
- Add the promo code PO-00703453 to your application.
- Contact our recruiters at email@example.com or 603.543.1700 x1499 with any questions.