Lake Roland Education Center
Baltimore County Recreation and Parks- Lake Roland
The Lake Roland Education Center is seeking a responsible, self-motivated and enthusiastic intern to assist with park operations and programming. General duties include park maintenance, animal care, educational programming assistance, answering questions related to the park and natural history of the area.
Applicants must be:
- Pursuing a degree in Environmental Studies, Recreation and Parks, Park Management, Biology, Education or closely related field
- Open to working in a range of weather conditions
- Comfortable caring for a range of animal ambassadors. This may include: reptiles, amphibians, insects and mammals.
- Willing to learn and perform a multitude of tasks
- Have reliable transportation
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable answering questions and speaking to the general public about the park
To apply: Please send cover letter, resume and names of three references by email to: Elizabeth Kado, Attn. Internship Program, 1000 Lakeside Drive, Baltimore, MD 21210 ekadow@BaltimoreCountyMD.gov