Entry Level Environmental Scientist
Earth Data Incorporated
FOR NEW & RECENT GRADS!
Earth Data Incorporated has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic entry level Environmental Scientist to join our team!
Earth Data is a field-oriented groundwater and geospatial consulting company based in Centreville, Maryland, specializing in the collection, analysis, management and distribution of data. The Environmental Scientist will be engaged in various field projects from Environmental Site Assessments to groundwater sampling and analysis, and will work closely with our staff of geologists, hydrogeologists, GIS analysts, drillers and inspectors.
Job responsibilities to include:
· Collect, analyze, input, and edit field data
· Assist in the preparation of, and edits to, technical reports
· Data compilation, analysis, and visualization
· Assist with ASTM-compliant Phase I Environmental Site Assessments & Phase II Investigations
· Conduct sampling activities (including soil, air, groundwater, surface water, building materials)
· Prepare technical and regulatory reports for submittal to clients and state/federal agencies
· B.S. in Geology, Environmental Science, or a related course of study
· OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER (training provided if necessary)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Attention to detail and ability to observe, document, and communicate field conditions
· This position involves field work in all types of terrain and weather at various times of the day. Flexibility and preparedness are a must.
· Valid driver’s license
This is a full-time position that will be eligible for a benefits package including health insurance, 401K, and other benefits. All interested candidates are asked to please respond to Christine Kunkowski (firstname.lastname@example.org) with an attached resume listing a minimum of three (3) references.