Leadership and Community Service Learning Office
Maryland LEAD Program
- The Maryland Leadership Summit (MLS) is a one-day dynamic experience for beginning leaders who want to emerge their individual leadership skills and style through interactive simulations, dialogues, and group discussions. The Maryland Leadership Summit is targeted to emerging leaders who are looking for a launching point into future leadership engagement at University of Maryland. MLS takes place on Saturday, October 7th from 9am to 5pm in the Stamp Student Union. Register at: go.umd.edu/mls
- The Terrapin Leadership Institute (TLI) is a five week-long leadership development program tasked to guide students across campus -- through hands-on activities and critical dialogue -- in discovering who they are as leaders and becoming confident with tangible leadership skills and strategies that can be applied to their everyday lives. The workshop is a low-commitment, high intensity series that is meant to accommodate the student's busy schedule. In addition, there is no cost to participate in TLI! Choose between an Introductory or Plus track depending on your previous leadership education and experience! Several date and time options are available depending on your schedule. TLI begins the week of October 2nd and continues through November 2nd. Register at: go.umd.edu/tli
- NEW Work for Change Internship Program -- Work for Change is an internship program that will take place in Spring 2018. UMD students work with TerpService Staff to secure an internship at a local nonprofit and participate in a 3-credit class. Students accepted into the program receive a $500 scholarship. Find out more info or log into Orgsync and apply! Applications close on October 3rd.
- Apply now to participate in Terps for Change! -- This program is a semester long commitment for students interested in learning more about social change and justice while volunteering in their local community! The program consists weekly service hours and dialogues. Check out more info about this program and apply now. To apply log into OrgSync and follow go.umd.edu/t4c. The application closes on 9/8/2017.
- Register for TerpService Days -- Single Saturdays of service at local community partners during the semester. Breakfast, lunch, transportation and supplies provided! Log into OrgSync and register.
Feel free to email email@example.com with any questions or for help with the application.
Are you passionate about social, political, and economic issues affecting the world today? Do you want to take the knowledge you gain in class outside the classroom? Interested in connecting with communities in and outside of our region? Alternative Breaks is for you! We are excited to offer 27 immersive experiences over Winter, Spring, and Summer Breaks.
Learn more @ our Meet & Greet or you can apply today!
September 14th | 4-6pm | Prince George’s Rm., Stamp (1211)
September 27th | 5-6pm | Grand Ballroom Lounge, Stamp (1209)
Also we are still looking for passionate Staff Leaders interested in making AB happen!
VO!CES of Social Change: MILCK