Ready to declare your ENSP concentration?

 


Ready to officially declare your concentration in ENSP?  Cool!  Keep reading...

In order to declare, I *must* have a Graduation Plan from you PRIOR to your registration date.  All UMD students must develop a graduation plan (also called a "4-year plan") to map out all courses needed to graduate within an intended major and any minors, second majors, or special programs the student wishes to complete.  ENSP students should plan to declare once they've reached approximately 40 credits.

1. Create a graduation plan
There are several ways to develop a graduation plan.  Resources and a template for creating your Graduation Plan can be found HERE.  

 

​2. Send me your plan for review

Once done, e-mail me your plan as an attachment in Word or Google Doc.  Remember to include your Name and UID in your e-mail, and include additional comments/concerns in your message.

 

​3.  Concentration declared!

I’ll double-check your plan to be sure you have included everything.  If all looks good, I’ll send you and your new advisor your “Approved” plan and declare you into your new Concentration.  


NOTE:  “Declared” ENSP students continue to receive emails from me and we can still “consult.”  But if you are ready to move into your academic department, you should do that ASAP, since your departmental advisors will know more than I do about upper-level coursework in your academic discipline.  Thanks :)

 

Finally, if you are hesitant about your plan, or still unsure about your concentration, please let me know​.