Skip to main content

Important from ENSP: Ms. Angela Mazur-Gray going on parental leave

I hope you all had a restful (and snowy!) weekend and are ready to tackle another pandemic semester at UMD.  I’m sure you’re all as happy as I am that COVID-19 vaccine distribution is underway - we can only hope that we’ll be reunited in person soon!

Some of you may have heard the big news, but I am expecting my first baby in a few short weeks!  Therefore, I will be on maternity leave for most of the Spring 2021 semester.  This means that I will NOT be available for appointments nor will I be checking email.  I plan to be 100% disconnected from work so I can spend time with my family. 


I plan on working until baby decides to arrive, so I don’t have an exact “last day” (it could be towards the end of February to the beginning of March…?).  I’ll be available to assist you up until that point via email only, and I’ll be sure that the rest of the ENSP faculty and staff will communicate any updates to you all once my leave officially begins.   


Who’s taking over?

We have plans in place and a great team of individuals ready to take over my duties and assist you.  You can find all of this information online as I have created a special webpage just for the Spring 2021 semester, which you can find HERE.  It contains procedures and contact information of individuals who are assisting me with the following:


  • Advising and registration for the Fall 2021 semester

  • Pass/Fail grading option for Spring 2021

  • Course permissions/stamps

  • Academic deadlines

  • Graduation plan questions

  • Policy Exceptions

  • Approval of Restricted Electives or other ENSP course substitutions

  • Major changes

  • Internships

  • Declaring your ENSP concentration


Utilize the ENSP Student Advisory Board

Students, please take advantage of our ENSP Student Advisory Board Members!  They are taking on the role of Peer Advisors and are ready to assist you with anything ENSP-related (scheduling, registration, graduation plans, concentrations, courses, etc!).  Email enspireatumd@gmail to connect with someone :)


If there is anything you think that is missing that I should add to the webpage, please let me know. I'll continue to be in touch with more updates as they arise. - Angela